At this time we are not hiring. When we do, an announcement will be made via social media. If you're a full-time police officer in MA, and interested in transferring to our agency, please contact Chief David Giorgi.
- Must be 21 years of age and no older than 37 years of age at the time of application.
- Non-Smoker pursuant to M.G.L. c41, s101A.
- Possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D. at time of application. Preference may be given to applicants possessing a college degree, military experience or a combination of both.
- Proof of citizenship.
- Must possess a Massachusetts Driver’s License or obtain one prior to appointment.
- Must reside within 15 miles of the border of the city of Marlborough within one (1) year of appointment. (Relocations expenses are not provided. Time will be allowed for relocation associated with appointment).
- Must possess or qualify for a Massachusetts Firearms License to Carry (LTC) permit, Class-A.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Successfully pass the MPD Fitness Assessment described in the following page.
- Completion of a satisfactory background examination.
- Must complete a physical examination and psychological examination provided by the City of Marlborough.
- Must possess the ability to complete all the requirements established by the Massachusetts Municipal Training Council to be a certified police officer in Massachusetts.
- Must satisfactorily complete Oral Board Interviews.
The Marlborough Police Department is a non-civil service police agency located in southern Middlesex County. The department provides police services to a population of nearly 40,000 residents. The Marlborough Police Department has achieved full accreditation status through the Massachusetts Police Accreditation Commission. Our department consists of 69 sworn officers and 15 civilian employees.
The Marlborough Police Department offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including 11 paid holidays, 7 day vacation weeks, night differential, specialist pay and many additional benefits. We offer a variety of specialized units supplementing the patrol force including K-9 Unit, Community Policing, Community Services, Investigation Unit, School Resource Officers (3), Traffic Unit and motorcycle patrol.
All appointments are subject to a physical and psychological examination as well as an extensive background investigation. Applicants must reside within 15 miles of the City of Marlborough.
The City of Marlborough Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.