How does it work?
- Put items on hold using your CWMARS account or by calling us at (508) 624-6900. Delivery between libraries has resumed on a limited basis, but be aware that it may take longer than usual to get items from outside of Marlborough.
- Wait for an email, text, or phone call that your items are ready to be picked up. This may take a few days.
- Book a pickup appointment window on our calendar here or call us at (508) 624-6900.
- Come to the parking lot/Witherbee Street entrance of the library during your appointment window. Your checked out items and due date slip will be in a closed paper bag with your name on it.
**Note: You may receive automated Holds Pickup Notifications via email and text just like the ones you received before the library's closure in March. If you receive a notification, your item really is ready for pickup! However, the Library is still not open to the public and scheduling a Contactless Holds Pickup appointment is the only way to get your holds.
- We ask you to please wear a mask and remain 6 feet apart from other patrons who are picking up library items, as well.
- If you arrive early, please stay back to allow library staff time to safely switch out items.
- Please feel free to return items in the outside bins when you arrive. We will quarantine them for 72 hours before returning them to the shelves.
- If you miss your appointment, please call us at 508-624-6900 to schedule another. We will hold onto the items for one week.
- We are unable to do “shelf-checks” at this time, and cannot pull any books off the shelf on-demand.
- Board games, toys, Wifi hotspots, and other items from the “Library of Things” are not available at this time.
- For your safety, we will not be opening the doors for any reason. If you need help, please call us at 508-624-6900.
Safety Protocol for Library Materials
The following safety and hygiene protocol is being followed for the fulfillment of all holds requests:
- Staff wash their hands thoroughly before handling your items.
- Computers and peripherals used for checkout are sanitized before use.
- Checked-out items are placed directly into your bag, labeled with your identifying information.
- Bags are placed on the holds cart until your appointment time. We then place the holds cart outside in anticipation of your arrival.
- All returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before checking them in and returning them to the shelves.