About the Cookbook Club
The Cookbook Club is for anyone 18 and older who loves to read and cook and wants to discuss great cookbooks with other members of the community. The club will meet every other month on the third Tuesday and is free and open to the public. Copies of the featured cookbooks are available at the circulation desk. If you feel inspired, you can sign up to make a recipe from the title of the month and bring it to share with your fellow food lovers while we discuss the book.
Guidelines for Behavior
In order to promote an open and friendly environment, we ask that members please:
- Speak up when you have something you want to contribute to the conversation. Do not feel pressured to speak if you are content to listen to others.
- Listen thoughtfully to others when they are speaking so that you can respond or carry on the conversation from where the last person left off.
- Respect others’ opinions, especially when they differ from your own.
- Be brief when talking to help insure that everyone has the opportunity to speak.
- Do not talk over one another or have side conversations that disrupt the main discussion.
- Keep personal political and religious viewpoints out of the discussion unless they relate to the book being discussed.
- Do not feel pressure to finish the book. Your interest in the topic alone is enough to contribute to the conversation and you can still learn and have fun listening to others discuss the book.
- You are welcome to sign up to make a recipe from the cookbook of the month. We ask that if you do bring a recipe that you note which recipe you made as well as any changes/substitutions that occurred.
- Please review the FDA Food Safety guidelines for cooking and storage.
Please contact Carla Thompson with any and all questions about the book club at (508) 624-6900 or by email at [email protected].
What We're Reading