The Council seeks to fund organizations and individuals who
- Comply with State guidelines;
- Demonstrate a willingness to seek other sources of funding;
- Demonstrate a willingness to present new and innovative programs as well as maintaining existing programs;
- Are primarily for the citizens of Marlborough;
- Serve the largest possible percentage of the population;
- Recognize the cultural diversity of Marlborough;
- Whenever possible, demonstrate their continued excellence of programs as established through on-site visits of Council members.
The Council has set as guidelines and priorities
- Beginning in Fiscal Year 2017, the application process has moved online and the Marlborough Cultural Council will only be accepting applications submitted online. For more information on how to apply online, please visit the Mass Cultural Council website.
- All applications must be TYPED and complete or they will be returned.
- Any application that is incomplete or incorrectly filled out will be returned as ineligible. Assistance in preparing applications is available by calling the Chairman of the Cultural Council.
- In general, no scholarships will be given.
- Marlborough artists and organizations will receive first consideration for funding.
- The first priority of this Council is to bring the maximum benefit to the largest number of Marlborough residents as possible.
- Previous Council-funded projects must be completed before other applications are submitted.
- Projects must be initiated within the grant period and completed within on year of the award.
- Projects must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Council funds are not intended to substitute for, replace or relieve existing responsibility for municipal or other public funding of programs in the arts and humanities. Council funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funds for a project.
- Projects must be clearly financially feasible. When a budget is large, evidence of other committed funds must be presented of the funding request is more then $300. Proposals should be well researched and documented, including information about and negotiations with sponsors, funding sources, project location(s), dates(s) and costs involved.
- Notifications and/or invitations to funded events should be extended to Council members. The Council must be notified at least two (2) weeks prior to Council funded events.
- Funds are paid on a reimbursement basis only.
- Upon completion of a project, the Council must be given copies of all relevant publicity.
- All grantees must document expenses with invoice, cancelled checks, receipts, statements and/or contracts. A final written narrative report, a final budget and the documentation of expenses must be submitted no later than 60 days after completion of a project.
- The Marlborough Cultural Council would use the Guidelines established by the Massachusetts Cultural Council on all other issues.
Deadline for filing applications: October 15th.