Our mission at the Marlborough Council on Aging is to provide information and referrals for our Marlborough seniors so they will be well informed about services available to ensure their quality of life.
Information & Referrals
- S.H.I.N.E. Program
- Fuel Assistance
- Ambulatory Assistance
- BayPath Services Reference
- Public Benefits
- Income Tax
- Food Coupons
- Educational Classes
Our Outreach Department is very active providing services for seniors over 60 years of age. Please feel free to call the Outreach Coordinator at (508) 485-6492 ext. 32109 to find out more information. Some of the services provided are:
- Bay Path Services: Bay Path is a program providing services assisting elders in securing and maintaining independent living in a home environment. A person must be 60 years of age or older who meets income guidelines and needs assistance with at least six tasks of daily living. Case managers coordinate needed services such as homemaking, grocery shopping, meal preparation, personal care, and transportation to medical appointments.
- S.H.I.N.E.: Serving the Health Insurance of Needs of Elders. Certified outreach staff trained by the Executive Office of Elders Affairs, offer counseling and assistance regarding health insurance.
- Medicare Part D: An outpatient prescription drug plan for all Medicare beneficiaries (entitled to Part A or enrolled in Part B). Medicare Part D is a voluntary plan.
- Fuel Assistance: A heating assistance program available in Massachusetts, funded by the state, to help people pay for heating during the winter season. Applications are taken at the Senior Center during November 1st through April 30th.
- Meals on Wheels: Provides a daily hot lunch to individuals in the community. Please call the Marlborough Housing Authority at (508) 624-6908 at least 24-hours in advance.
- F.I.S.H.: Friends In Service Helping is an all volunteer service that provides cost free rides to medical appointments for Marlborough residents when family or friends cannot help. This service is available on a limited basis and provides rides locally as well as to Boston and Worcester. Call (508) 485-6492 ext. 32199 for more information.