The City of Marlborough, in conjunction with other communities and entities, is constantly working to provide its citizens with various avenues for public transportation. Listed below please find various methods and companies providing service to Marlborough.
· MetroWest Regional Transit Authority: The MetroWest Regional Transit Authority (MWRTA) is a regional public transit authority in the state of Massachusetts providing bus and paratransit service to eleven communities in the Boston MetroWest. The MWRTA was formed in 2006 and began service on July 1, 2007 with the purpose of filling a void in public transportation service in the MetroWest. Through a commitment to deliver expanded public transportation service to the business and commercial hubs across the MetroWest region, the goals and purpose of the MWRTA are embodied in its mission statement: "Build a public transportation system to deliver convenient and
dependable service that enhances mobility, environmental quality and economic vitality in the region." Funding for the MWRTA comes partially from the state and local governments of the communities it operates within.
For people seeking additional information regarding bus service, including schedules and maps, visit the MWRTA’s website at www.mwrta.com or call the MWRTA directly at 508-935-2222.
· Peter Pan Bus Peter Pan operates a weekday commuter bus inbound to Boston via Framingham. The bus departs from and returns to outside of the Newton Street Parking Garage in downtown Marlborough. One way tickets to Boston are $7. For more information, including the schedule please visit this link and click on Worcester – Marlborough – Framingham – Boston: http://peterpanbus.com/tickets/commuter-bus-travel/
· MBTA: The towns of Framingham, Natick, Ashland, Southborough, and Westborough all have stations along the Framingham/Worcester Commuter Rail line connecting South Station in Boston to Worcester. Visit www.mbta.com or call 617 222-3200.
· The MetroWest/495 Transportation Management Association: has programs and information available for commuter ridesharing, carpooling, etc. Visit them at www.metrowest495tma.org or call them at 508 879-5600 Ext. 105. Additional commuter information can be located at [Link]www.masscommute.com
· Mass RIDES: Provides commuter information resources including Park-and-Ride lots, commuter buses and boats and cost comparisons. Visit www.commute.com for more information.