Our Wellness Program offers a wide variety of classes and services providing support, monitoring and education to assist seniors in their pursuit of making healthier choices and living healthier lives.
· Wellness Clinic this is a weekly drop-in health clinic that is administered by a Registered Nurse. Blood sugar and blood pressure testing are provided as well as other wellness needs. Please come by the health clinic and see the nurse if you may have any questions about your medication and or other health related concerns. Our visiting nurse can make referrals and do follow-up to appropriate health care providers in the community if it is requested. No appointment is necessary and the service is free. Wellness Clinic is held each THURSDAY, 9:00 - 11:00 A.M.. ALL Seniors are welcome.
· Chronic Pain Self-Management Program CPSMP is a program developed by Stanford University to provide people living with a primary or secondary diagnosis of chronic pain such as: fibromyalgia, muscular-skeletal pain, whiplash injuries, post-surgical pain, meuropathic pain, chronic headaches, and other chronic pain conditions with helpful information and skills development activities provided in a supportive and highly interactive work-shop setting. Workshop participants spend 2 hours, once a week for six weeks learning skills to overcome barries to managing their health and to enhance their ability to remain active in their lives including:
Techniques to more effectively manage frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep; Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance; appropriate use of medications; techniques to enhance communication with family, friends, and health professionals; nutrition; pacing activities, rest and relaxation; problem solving and action planning; how to evaluate new treatments. Participants will also receive the CPSMP workbook, the MEP exercise CD, and the book "Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions" while attending the workshop. The goal of CPSMP is to teach people to be active self-managers of their chronic pain. The course is held MONDAYS, JUNE 3, 10, 17, 24, and JULY 1 and 8, 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM. RSVP to reserve your seat, 608-485-6492. Donation- $5.00 for 6-week
· Paraffin Wax Hand Treatments provide temporary relief to sore, stiff joints. These soothing treatments can be particularly helpful to people with arthritis. SCHEDULE: MONDAY, 1:30 - 2:30 P.M.. No appointment is necessary just come on in and enjoy this therapeutic treatment for your hands.
· Medical equipment loan of items such as walkers, canes, commodes, tub benches and wheelchairs is available for no charge on a short-term basis. Please call for availability of items-508-485-6492, ext. 14. We also accept donations of clean, used medical equipment in good condition. Please call before dropping it off.
· Seminars and classes covering various health-related topics of interest to seniors are offered on a regular basis. Check our calendar and newsletter for information, dates and times for these programs. Pre-registration is generally required. Please let us know if there are any particular topics you would like to learn more about, please call 508-485-6492 for topic suggestions.
· Our Annual Health and Fitness Day features exhibitors from various community providers and organizations who offer free samples of services such as chair massage, heart health screenings and healthy cooking demonstrations just to name a few. We also have free mini-seminars on health topics, fitness class demonstrations and giveaways. Check out our April and May newsletters for details and schedules. This is a fun and informative “can’t miss” event!
We encourage you to take advantage of the array of services offered that are offered under our Health and Wellness program.