The top course of driveway paving is planned to take place as conditions permit over the next three to four weeks. Please be assured that your driveways will be completed this constructions season.
Due to local nursery inventory unavailability, tree and shrub plantings on West Hill Road will be delayed until spring 2018 (likely sometime in April). We apologize for any inconveneience this may cause.
TRASH AND RECYCLING: We have made arrangements with Republic Services to have trash and recycling
picked up earlier than the usual 7 AM on Tuesday moving forward. This is the same procedure we followed last year and it worked out very well.
We are asking all residents of the following streets to please have their barrels out the night before (Monday night), so that these earlier than usual collections can take place. Those streets are:
West Hill Road
For a helpful Trash and Recycling Calender that you can use on your mobile device, follow this link
PROJECT / CONTRACT INFORMATION
- The project is the reconstruction of West Hill Road. The work includes, but is not limited to, new pavment, the widening of the roadway in spots and the installation of stone walls where required and drainage improvements.
- Project Limits: Berlin Road to Pleasant Street
- Tentative Start date: TBD
- Project Duration: 210 Days
- Contractor: Revoli Construction Co., Inc. 90 Earl's Way, Franklin, MA 02038
Project Phase 1 - Water Main Replacement FALL 2016 - COMPLETE
Project Phase 2 - Tree Removal - FALL / WINTER 2016-17 - COMPLETE
Project Phase 3 - Roadway Reconstruction - SPRING / SUMMER 2017
We will post project updates here as they become available from the contractor. Most recent updates in bold.
- 3/2/17 - Notice of Award issued to Revoli Construction Co., Inc. 90 Earl's Way, Franklin, MA 02038
- 2/23/17 - Project bids opened. Apparent low bidder is Revoli Construction Co., Inc.. of Franklin, MA.
- 11/18/16 - Moving forward, the contractor will continue to dismantle the by-pass, temporarily pave all of the trenches created during the water main replacement and perform a general clean-up of the work zone. Following this, the contractor handling the removal of trees along West Hill Road is scheduled to begin on November 28th.
- 10/26/16 - The installation of the new water main has been completed. The next phase of the project is for the contractor to begin connecting each home to the new main.
- 9/29/16 - The contractor will start to connect the houses that have not yet been connected to the temp. by-pass starting today and will continue through early next week. Once this is completed the contractor will continue with the installation of the main water line. In order to complete the project on schedule there may be times where multiple crews will be on site at different locations. This will allow the contractor to continue with the main line work and also connect houses to the new main once accepted by the City.
- 9/1/16 - The project contractor, C.C. Construction has been installing the temporary water main system for the past several weeks. As is typical with the construction of temporary mains, minor problems such as leaks have occurred, but most of the temporary system is now complete, tested, and ready for connections. Completion of the temporary system, and temporary house connections are expected in the coming two weeks. Construction of the new water main in the roadway is also expected to begin in this timeframe. The contractor expects construction of the new water main and services to be complete within approximately 2 months.
- 6/2/16 - Water Main Replacement Letter Click Here to Read
- 6/2/16 - Project bids opened. Apparent low bidder is C.C. Construction, Inc. of So. Dennis, MA.
- 4/7/16 - The Marlborough Conservation Commission voted to approve the West Hill Road project at their April 7th meeting.
- 3/24/16 - A continuation was held from the previous meeting on March 24, 2016 of the Marlborough Conservation Commission. Approval of the project by the commission is pending and a decision is due by the next meeting to be held April 7th, 2016.
- 3/8/2016 - All residents of West Hill Road within the project limits will soon be receiving a release of demands that they can sign and return to the City Engineer's office.
- 3/8/2016 - The Marlborough Planning Board voted Monday night to approve the proposed removal of trees on West Hill Road as well as any walls requiring relocation or reconstruction.
- 3/7/2016 -The Marlborough City Council voted unanimously to reaffirm their previous vote in support of the West Hill Road Reconstruction Project.