Phase 2 of the Sudbury Area Sewer Project is substantially completed.
Paving is scheduled to occur in mid-October.
Eligible property owners in phase 2 can now connect to city sewer
Click the image below to read the letter to residents regarding phase 2 connections
Click the map below to see who is eligible for connection at this time
Sudbury Street Area Sewer Phase 2:
- The work involves the following major items associated with new gravity sewers, new sewer service connections, installation of water mains and service stubs. The trench will is to be temporarily and permanently paved.
- Project Limits: Prendiville Way, Woodcock Lane and Harper Circle
- Start Date: April 3, 2017
- Project Completeion: Late Summer 2017
- Sequence of Construction Locations: Harper Circle => Woodcock Lane => Prediville Way to Sudbury St.
- Contractor: A.F. Amorello & Sons Inc.
Eligible property owners in phase 1 can now connect to city sewer
Click the image below to read the letter to residents regarding phase 1 connections
Click on the map below to see who is eligible for connection at this time
Much of the City of Marlborough has been connected to the City’s sanitary system with only a few remaining neighborhoods on the eastern side that still rely upon on-site septic disposal systems. Of these remaining neighborhoods, the City has identified a section, referred to as the Sudbury Sewer Layout Plan, as having a high potential for on-site sewage disposal system failure and risk of contamination to surface/groundwater which would impact public health. Currently, septic systems in the area have already begun failing and others are anticipated to fail in the near future. Therefore, the City proposes the Sudbury Street Area Sewers Project which involves expanding the existing sanitary sewer system to the Sudbury Street area to reduce the potential for sewage system failure and associated adverse environmental impacts. The Sudbury Street area comprises approximately 300 acres and includes 191 existing homes, none of which are currently sewered.