Skip Navigation

Like Us On FacebookFacebook

Marlgorough Massachusetts
This table is used for column layout.
Citizen's Action Center
  • Pay Bills Online
  • Subscribe to News
  • Report an Issue
  • Provide Feedback
  • Trash & Recycling
  • Stay Connected
  • Contacts Directory
  • Forms
  • GIS/Mapping
  • Employee Portal
  • Public Records
Snow & Ice Removal FAQS
Snow and Ice Clearing

Q) Am I responsible for clearing the sidewalk adjacent to my property?
A) Yes.

Q) When the plows come down the back lane, they sometimes leave a ridge of snow at the entrance to my driveway. Whose responsibility is it to move that snow?
A) The citizen is responsible.

Q) The City plowed my residential street, leaving a rather large windrow. Will the City be picking this snow up?
A) No, the windrows on residential streets will not be hauled away.

Q) Will the City open the access to our property?
A) No, it is the resident’s responsibility to clear access to their property.

Q) How often does the City sand/salt roadways?
A) The City sands/salts roadways whenever there is a winter storm event. The frequency the roadways are treated depends on many weather related variables.

Q) How often does the City remove snow?
A) Stacked snow is removed from the downtown and business zones after plowing. At major arterial roadways and snow route bus runs, snow is removed when the windrows are more than 8” or cause operational problems.

Q) The access to our crosswalk is blocked by a windrow. Will the City be back to open that up?
A) Yes, but it may be one or two days after a strom is over.

Q) What criteria are used to prioritize a street for treatment/removal?
A) The priority is set, based on traffic volume, traffic speed, steepness of road grade, susceptibility to icing, etc.

Q) Do schools, hospitals and senior complexes receive any kind of special service?
A) Yes.

Q) If I have any questions or concerns about the city's involvement in snow and ice control, who should I call?
A) You can call the Department of Public Works, Street Division at (508) 624-6910x7300.

Q) Who is responsible for clearing the catch basin and hydrant in front of my house?
A) Although the City attempts to clear the catch basins on major roadways, residents should clear the catch basins and hydrants in front of their house.


Marlborough City Hall, 140 Main Street, Marlborough, MA 01752 | 2015 City of Marlborough - All Rights Reserved
Virtual Towns & Schools Website